Tuesday, October 1, 2024


Been pretty good at mostly avoiding politics for a week however it's still unnerving, in almost month you know? Eight years still the same political stranglehold again hoping you get out this time, right? The momentum of Obama could never be matched because of the unique set time, circumstances and conditions in the culture and the political climate. Who Obama was also could not be ever replicated either. Yet you felt the synergy (or could at least observe it), it was exciting, it was building, and then the speech and after has never felt the same. 

I canvas, talk to others who organize and canvas but I feel I am the only one more cautious besides one other person. I observe a lot of different fractions of people on social media and that gives me caution also. I watch around my area signs, flags, banners, stickers, shirts, and I feel unease. When I go back if I don't see more Harris signs up I think I might just go into some resignation even if I'll still canvas. I went up to an older white man in the CVS parking lot over a week ago to let him know I liked his Harris Walz cameo hat. I asked him how he has been feeling and he surprised me responding  ‘you can’t help but feel optimistic now.’ I apologized and said I guess I’m more of a cynic but I said the boat has oars again which he appreciated. I can’t believe this will be the third election and there is still a question. 2016 I thought he could very well win I fretted on and off since he came down on the escalator. 2020 I went back and forth but I held a lot more caution and doubt until nearing the end. This time I don't know honestly. His support never seems to abate, people want to continue the reality show, the pain dial must be kept on high.

I went to see Walz speak and for hours there was a truck with Trump flags protesting up and down the street. When we got out of the rally the truck was joined by three other cars. People crossing the street flipped them off and cursed at them while they beeped their horns proudly. Imagine committing hours to this on a beautiful day? It’s religion to these people. To them Trump is some form of divine intervention. I just want to know how should I proceed through the years because even if he loses it will be another election he didn’t lose and I believe he still has people who would die storming the capitol for him all over again.

I’m sorry people hate this kind of language and sentiments but there are a segment of people who love Trump that would be willing to hunt us (the liberal/left/anti-Trump) for sport and I refuse to not admit that. Though a larger fanbase of his will watch you get dragged off, beaten and disappeared because you are the enemy now. They’ll say ‘so and so were ok but they should have kept their mouth shut’ and go back to scrolling angrily at their phones. He's promoting a literal framework that was a nazi purge what the fuck do some of you think is going on?